Store massive amounts of unstructured data for online collaboration
- Cost reduction
- Resource optimisation
Object storage is a computer data storage architecture that manages data as objects, as opposed to other storage architectures like file systems which manages data as a file hierarchy, and block storage which manages data as blocks within sectors and tracks.
The object storage architecture has been purposely designed for the internet, where you can store and retrieve any amount of data, anytime, anywhere.
- A cost-effective alternative to other Object Storage providers
- Web sites using vast amounts of media files
- Applications with constantly growing storage requirements
- Data processing businesses looking for archival/web retrievable file storage
- Customers can access the Object Storage Service over the public Internet (data charges apply)
- The Object Storage Service can also be accessed via direct, private links
- Migration from other Object Storage Services is possible